Recently added item(s)
Let’s imagine you’ve just bought a warehouse and can do anything you like with it. You look online for ideas and stumble across this video. You’ve got to hand it to these graffiti artists — they really had some creative ideas!
- You need some empty space near your loading dock, so you block out an area for that.
- You need someplace to park your forklifts and recharge batteries, so you allocate space for that.
- You need to be sure everyone has access to the office, the bathrooms and the fire exits, so you take note of where they are located.
Now it’s time to figure out how many pallet racks you need. That turns out to be a harder job than you anticipated. You know how many square feet of floor area you have, but after you lay out the pallet racks to suit your existing forklifts, you discover you’re short on space. Does that mean you have to trade them in and buy narrow aisle forklifts? You take a look at the ceiling height and realize you can go a little higher and still leave 3 feet of space for the sprinklers.
Breathing a sigh of relief, you move on with your plans. As you do, you start running into unanticipated problems. Space is tighter than you think and you can see that you need to make the most of what you’ve got. Here’s where some forklift accessories and attachments can save the day:
- To give your staff access to the shelves that are way out of arm’s reach, you can buy a work platform. The one that can be folded up and tucked away when not in use will be ideal.
- A couple of strategically located gravity fed wall-mounted eyewash stations will provide your staff with easy access to the stations in an emergency without taking up valuable floor space.
- Low profile hoppers are just what you need — perfect for easy loading and the parts hopper can be rolled manually or carried by a forklift.
Decorating your warehouse with graffiti probably isn’t the best idea, but you’ve got to admire those artists’ creativity. And that brings us to the real point of this post. Sometimes, you need to get creative and think outside the box with forklift accessories.
Every warehouse or factory has one common challenge:
No matter how little or much space you have, you need to make the best use of it.
Forklift accessories and attachments can help you make use of space you didn’t even know you had. If you’ve come to forkliftaccessories.com looking for one specific accessory or attachment, take a few minutes and browse our entire catalog. You just might find something that can boost productivity and profits in your facility, but didn’t know was available.